Tuesday 12 February 2013

e.n.t.

When we were in Florida a few months ago my sister noticed Nate had something in his ear.

"Have you noticed this thing in Nate's ear? What is it?"

"Huh? What do you mean? What thing?"

Being the super observant mum that I am, I totally missed the fact that my little man had a lump right inside his ear canal. It looks like a smooth fleshy bump and nearly blocks his whole canal. 

"You should really get that checked out"

So I took Nate to the health clinic in January and I mentioned it to the Health Visitor. 

"Oh, I'm not sure. It's probably nothing, but you should go to the GP just in case."

The next day I went to the GP. 

"Yes, I can see that there is something in his ear. It's probably nothing, but to be safe I am referring him to the E.N.T. department at the hospital. The referral will take up to 2 months to come through."

The referral came in the post today and our appointment at the E.N.T. department is on Thursday. We go to London tomorrow to register Nate as a US Citizen (yay - post to follow) but I have a feeling this hospital appointment will be on my mind the whole time. 

I really do hope it's just "nothing". 




2 comments:

  1. I hope everything is ok with Nathan and as others have mentioned, it turns out to be nothing.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. I'm sure it will all be fine, but as a mother it's hard not to worry about these things. Hope all is well with you! x

      Delete