Saturday 21 April 2012

product review: bravado silk nursing bra

About a month ago I got to the point where I sadly outgrew my under-wire bras and needed to invest in a couple of good quality maternity and nursing bras. All the books I had read strongly suggested buying a couple of these due to all the changes my body will go through over the next year. As I am planning on breastfeeding I thought I would get a bra that I can use during my pregnancy and after the baby is here, because, let's face it, bras are not cheap and I wanted to get the most use out of them as possible. 

I searched high and low for the right bra, searched websites, read lots of reviews and I finally decided on the Bravado Seamless Silk Nursing BraThe reviews I read were nearly all positive so I went for it and bought 2 from the NCT website for £29.70 each; I have not been disappointed so thought I would share my own review here. 

I must admit I was hesitant to buy a bra without any under-wire. I have been wearing under-wire bras since the age of 16 and was afraid of the bra lacking support and of getting uni-boob (you know, where "the ladies" get squished together into one). The material used is super stretchy which means the bra feels very secure and the material is different in the center and on the side giving a good shape and preventing the dreaded uni-boob - hooray!

The bra is so comfortable and one of my favorite features is the removable cup inserts that come with it. The inserts are slightly padded and smooth all the lumps and bumps out. I wear quite snug stretchy shirts to work and these inserts hide everything - it's great! 

The only negative I can think of is the sizing. They only come in small, medium, large and x-large. I wasn't sure whether to get the medium or large (I went with the medium and it's snug but in all the right ways).  The bras come in a lot of really nice colors. I got Black and Pink Ice to start, but I'm thinking of getting the Teal as well, maybe in the large just in case. 

In all, the Bravado Seamless Silk Nursing Bra gets 2 big thumbs up from me. I love how comfortable it is and the great silhouette it gives under shirts. The nursing clips seem easy to use, though I will have to wait until baby is here to fully test how the bra performs as a nursing bra. 

*I purchased this product myself and really liked it so decided to write a review to share my thoughts. I have not been paid by anyone to write this and all opinions are completely my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment