For one, I never got morning sickness - never had that stereotypical nauseousness that everyone talks about. Instead, I felt completely exhausted in the evenings for the first 3 months. I barely had time for dinner before involuntarily nodding off with the plate sometimes still laying half-eaten on my lap.
Some other pregnancy symptoms I have that no one ever told me about:
- Bleeding gums - My gums are crazy at the moment. Every time I brush my teeth it's like a blood bath in the sink. I have tried brushing softly, not brushing directly on the gums, and, well, nothing is working.
- Numb legs - I spoke about this in my 26 weeks pregnant post. It's most likely caused by my uterus pushing on my sciatica nerve and, for the record, is very frustrating. The only thing that helps is being lazy and sitting down.
- Nasal congestion - My nose is constantly stuffy, for no apparent reason. What's up with that?
- Hair and nail insanity - My hair and nails are growing at an insane rate! I swear, it feels like I cut my nails before going to bed and when I wake up they are long again.
- Heartburn - Man, heartburn has really hit me hard the past couple weeks. It hurts when I drink, when I eat, when I lie down. So far the only remedy has been drinking lots and lots of milk.
- Clumsiness - Basically I stumble and drop things. All. The. Time. It's embarrassing.