Monday 30 April 2012

thirty weeks pregnant


Pregnancy day 210...70 days to go!

Baby is now 15.7 inches long and weighs about 2.75 pounds

I feel like I am growing by the day - doesn't my bump look big?! It's hard to believe that there are still 10 weeks to go until baby arrives, it doesn't feel possible for my bump to get any bigger.

And I'm now 30 weeks, thirty, that is so crazy! I feel like 30 weeks is such a huge milestone; I'm 75% of the way through my pregnancy. And the countdown until I leave work is down to 7 weeks (only 32 working days), it's all beginning to feel more real. 

Physically I'm still coping fairly well. My back had been aching a lot when I was lying on my side at night, but I figured out over the weekend that this was due to by big belly pulling on my back ligaments, so I have been wedging a throw cushion under my bump at night and the pain has subsided. Heartburn has been bothering me more and more; I chew on anti-acids during the day, but sometimes nothing seems to help. 

Things are still very busy at work and last week I did a couple of 10+ hour days which left me absolutely exhausted for the weekend. I was so tired this weekend I even had to turn down a trip to the cinema because I didn't want to spend £10 on a ticket just to end up sleeping through the movie - frustrating! 

My weight gain stabilised this week and I stayed the same weight as last week. I was happy about this because I think my overall gain of 22lbs is still above average. 

Next week  we pick up our crib, cot and our pram system from Mamas & Papas, so we can finally start to put the nursery together and we will have gotten all of the large purchases done with! We still need to get a ton of the smaller practical things and I would like to get a nice baby blanket if I have some money left, but we are getting there, slowly but surely.


No comments:

Post a Comment