Monday 9 April 2012

twenty-seven weeks pregnant

27 weeks pregnant


Pregnancy day 189...91 days to go!

Baby is now 14.5 inches long and weighs about 2 pounds. Wow - 2 pounds of baby are in my tummy, that's insane! 

I am still feeling great. Other than the symptoms that I posted about the other day here (which are more of a nuisance than a genuine problem), I feel fantastic and have much more energy these days. I have definitely expanded again this week in the tummy region, don't you think?...and I gained over 2.5 pounds this week alone -eek! 

I have my 28-week midwife appointment this coming Friday, even though it's actually at the end of week 27. The midwife wanted to see me early because I have a Glucose Tolerance Test next Monday and she wants to chat to me about it before then. I will update you about these 2 appointments after I have them, no doubt. 

Emotionally I am coping pretty well. It helps that this weekend was a 4-day weekend here in the UK, allowing me to take a break from work which was much needed. Have I mentioned that work is sooooo stressful at the moment for me? Sometimes for no reason? I think I have. This Wednesday they are having interviews for the person to cover my maternity leave which makes the end seem nearer. 

Baby has been extremely active this past week; he likes to kick me more or less throughout the day now. I must admit, I kinda love his little kicks, even when they are uncomfortable.  I think we might have an active little boy on our hands in a few months!


1 comment:

  1. You look great and everything that is going on with you, is also going on with me at the same time. It's nice having someone to compare 'notes' with. The interviews for my maternity cover were Thursday last week so hopefully they'll have someone in post fairly soon, so I can start taking a backseat.

    Mrs W x

    ReplyDelete