Monday 4 June 2012

thirty-five weeks pregnant

Pregnancy day 245...35 days to go!

Baby is now 18 inches long and weighs about 5.25 pounds

Another week has flown by and I have spent most of it in bed trying to get rid of my nasty cold. Luckily today and tomorrow are bank holidays here so by the time I go back to work on Wednesday I should be more or less back to full health. I can't believe how much I have missed my usual cold medicine!

There isn't a whole lot to write about regarding medical appointments this week because I already posted about my Ultrasound last Monday and my 34-week midwife appointment here. Have a look at that post if you want to know how those appointments went.  

Over the weekend we went to Mamas & Papas to pick up our full-size crib. My husband's parents bought this for the baby, so a big thank you to them for this lovely item! We also bought a couple cute canvases that were on sale to go on the walls.  Mr M assembled the crib while I packed my hospital bags and after only an hour or two our nursery started to come together! 
There is still a lot more work to do on it though. We need to get the chair from IKEA, a bookshelf, and to sort out some toy storage, but it looks much more like a nursery than it did a few days ago!

This weekend my husband and I also watched an interesting documentary called The Business of Being Born. It's an American documentary which looks at the current state of childbirth in the United States, particularly the medicalisation of normal birth. I highly recommend it to anyone in the USA who is pregnant or is planning a family in the near future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment