Sunday 1 July 2012

thirty-nine weeks pregnant

Pregnancy day 273...7 days to go!

Baby is now 20 inches long and weighs about 7.25 pounds

I can't believe I only have one week to go now until my due date and that the baby inside me is over 7 pounds! I feel like my bump has definitely dropped a bit and his kicks and movements are super strong, but overall I feel well and haven't gotten to the point where I am fed up. In fact, I'm really trying to enjoy these last few days of being pregnant. It took me and my husband so long to get pregnant in the first place, I would feel somehow silly for wishing it all away. And I know that once the baby is here I will miss my bump, so I'm making the most of it. 

This past week has been fairly busy. I was in Cornwall for my brother-in-law's wedding until Tuesday, Thursday we finished the nursery which was a huge relief. On Wednesday I had my 38 week midwife appointment. Everything was fine at the appointment. Baby is still 3/5ths palpable and in the left anterior position (phew). My next appointment is on my due date. I asked the midwife about whether a sweep will be offered at my due date appointment but she said that would only be an option once I go a week over my due date. I would rather not have a sweep and would prefer to go into labour naturally, but luckily I won't have to think about that for a couple weeks at least. 

I met up with the 5 other women from my NCT class on Wednesday. There were 2 babies and 4 bumps this week. Next week there will be 3 babies and 3 bumps - it's all very exciting. 

The rest of the week I have been spending a lot of time relaxing and getting things around the house organised. Hubby has been on holiday this week which has been really great. He goes back to work Monday so I will need to occupy myself with various tasks this coming week. I am thinking of booking a pedicure and meeting up with some friends for lunches. I am also planning on seeing the Olympic torch come through our area on Thursday which should be fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment