Thursday 21 February 2013

conquering the ball pit


This is Nate's first time in a ball pit at our local soft play centre. He was terrified when I started to get near the pit, but all his other baby friends were tumbling around in it with smiles on their little faces, so who was I to deny him of this essential ball-filled experience?

I slowly placed him into the pit, bum first, then his head - gently, gently. His lower lip stretched out, signalling the beginning of a cry. I was perched on top of him, ready to quickly remove him when the inevitable wailing began. 

He slowly looked around, noticing the other babies. They weren't crying. He placed his hands softly on the orange ball resting on his stomach. He looked right at me with his pensive grey eyes. His lower lip retracted and a slight, hardly noticeable smirk, took its place. 

I snapped this photo at the exact moment when I knew Nate had conquered the ball pit! It may seem insignificant, but for me, the way his face transformed from terror to satisfaction is a memory that will stick in my mind for a long time. 



See the other entries and find out how to enter yourself here


No comments:

Post a Comment