Tuesday 30 December 2014

thanksgiving/christmas ~ florida/suffolk

We have had quite the busy autumn/winter season here in our household. 

As mentioned in my last post, I started a new job in October. Work has been all-encompassing since then. I now have a team of 8 and I'm in charge of all financial operations at my new company; it has been intense to say the least. 

Surprisingly though, I am enjoying the challenge. My new company is only 10 minutes away from home, instead of 50 minutes at my previous job. This has made all the difference. I am getting nearly 7 hours more every week with my little boy in the commute time-saving alone. And if when I have a long or stressful day in the office, I'm only a few minutes from my family once I leave.   

After the hectic first few weeks at my new job, it was great to be able to have a break in November and go back to Florida. We hadn't been since we visited for Thanksgiving 2 years ago. Back then, I was worried about how to cope with a 4 month old on a flight

In hindsight, and with the recent memories of a flight to-and-from Florida with a toddler, flying across the Atlantic with a baby was a breeze!

After some tearful moments and lots of Peppa Pig on the iPad we made it safely to the sunshine state and had a great time with family. 

We arrived back in the UK in early December. Last week, we hosted Christmas dinner at our house for the first time. I was nervous about this but it was better than I thoughts: Mr M and I could both drink freely without worrying who was driving home; we could put Nate down for a nap in his own bed while people were still here; and we had lots of leftovers to nibble on the next few days. 

Now I am on another break from work. My new company closes down for the week between Christmas and New Year and I am enjoying the time with Nate before work starts again... 


FLORIDA TRIP










CHRISTMAS 






No comments:

Post a Comment