Monday 23 April 2012

twenty-nine weeks pregnant


Pregnancy day 203...77 days to go!


Baby is now 15.25 inches long and weighs about 2.5 pounds

Things seem to be getting much more crowded in my uterus these days. Over the past week I have noticed a definite change in the way baby is moving; the movements are more like strong nudges in specific areas rather than flips and kicks all over the place. Last week the midwife said that baby is head down and lying towards my left side, with his feet up near my right rib-cage. I think he has stayed in this position because I swear every few hours at work a foot pokes out from under my right ribs. It's odd - and can be a little uncomfortable - but it's still a lovely feeling a nice distraction at work every once in a while. 

I've been trying to stay active, but in truth I've been pretty idle recently. I don't have time during the week to exercise because I'm worn out in the evenings after work. Plus I get some pain in my bump if I do anything too vigorous. But Mr M convinced me to get off my butt and go on not one, but two country walks this past weekend! 

Despite my efforts to keep my weight gain to about 1 pound per week, I have continued to pile on the pounds faster than this. I gained 4.5 pounds over the past 2 weeks, bringing my total weight gain to 22.3 pounds so far in my pregnancy. I'm not too worried though as I know baby is healthy and I can always lose the weight after he is here. 

After a number of interviews, my boss finally hired someone to cover my maternity leave and she accepted the job offer. She starts on the 8th May - that's only 2.5 weeks away! It's our busy period at work, so I'm worried that I will be more stressed because I will doing all my normal work plus training her up.  I should probably feel relieved that she is coming to take over, but I'm not just yet. I'm sure I will be eventually.

NCT classes start this coming week. I'm excited about them, but also a bit  apprehensive and not sure exactly how useful they will be.  At the very least it will be nice to meet other women near me who are due around the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment